Environmental Policy Statement
The Fenwick Hotel is committed to enhancing our environment and we strive continuously to reduce our impact on it. We go beyond basic legal and regulatory requirements in order to fulfil our environmental agenda.
At The Fenwick Hotel & Restaurants we are committed to providing excellence in customer service and superior comfort whilst upholding our dedication to help preserve and protect our natural environment and our planet…
- We have an Environmental/Green Policy which outlines how we aim to minimise our carbon footprint as much as possible. We currently:
- Use paper made from sustainable sources;
- Buy pens made from recycled materials;
- Use energy saving lightbulbs throughout the hotel wherever possible;
- Recycle all glass, paper and plastic;
- Utilise the internet and email as a means to distribute information such as newsletters, brochures and letters;
- Make use of local food suppliers wherever possible reducing food miles
- Send as much Kitchen waste such as waste fats for environmentally friendly re-cycling;
- The Fenwick Hotel as a whole has an Environmental/Green Policy. With the “reduce, reuse, recycle” philosophy at the heart of our activity we are focusing on the following areas:
- Energy consumption
- Waste reduction
- Sustainable land management
- Employee awareness
- Sustainable procurement
The following will underpin these objectives:
- Consistent monitoring of our energy consumption to highlight potential and achieved reductions in energy consumed.
- To reduce the amount of waste we produce and that we send to landfill
- To reduce the amount of packaging that we handle each year and increase the percentage of packaging that is recyclable.
- To promote the environmental agenda to employees, visitors and guests and ensure that all new staff are given an environmental induction on our aims and objectives.
- Preserve and enhance the biodiversity, natural heritage and long term sustainability of the landed estates.
- Continue to source produce for our restaurant, functions and hotels from the local estates and communities wherever possible.
- Continue to source products and services from suppliers who share and demonstrate our environmental ambitions.
- To achieve external recognition of our environmental credentials.